2019 Admission Criteria
– Must be between the ages of 18 and 25 in the current calendar year. For the 2019 entrance exam, applicants must be born between 1993 and 2001.
– Must have received a baccalaureate (exceptions permitted).
– Must be a French or European Union citizen or possess a valid residency permit.
- Applicants do not need to use Parcoursup to enrol in CinéFabrique.
– Admission is not based on a written exam.
– There is no minimum science requirement.
– Selection is not based on the applicant’s transcript.
– Applicants without a baccalaureate or who did not finish secondary school are still encouraged to sit the entrance exam.
To Sit the Entrance Exam
1 – REGISTRATION
To sit the entrance exam, applicants may register on the CinéFabrique website between
MONDAY 4 MARCH AT 12 PM CET AND FRIDAY 12 APRIL AT 12 PM CET.
(ATTENTION À NE PAS CONFONDRE LA DATE DU DÉBUT DE L’EXAMEN ET AVEC LA DATE DE LA FIN DES INSCRIPTIONS ! (NOTE: THE EXAM START DATE IS NOT THE SAME AS THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE. See the exam calendar here.)
You will receive a confirmation email with an applicant number that allows you access to the applicant portion of the website. You must send us the application materials by post by 12 April, along with the exam fee.
The entrance exam fee (which goes toward administrative costs) is €130 for non-scholarship recipients and €65 for scholarship recipients with CROUS documentation.
2 – CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION
Registration is not complete until we receive all application materials.
Entrance exam schedule (subject to change):
(You will be provided with specific instructions via the applicant portion of the website at the time of registration.)
ROUND 1: • Portfolio. Projects accepted: photos, drawings, screenplays, graphic novels, videos, audio recordings, etc.
• General questionnaire
• CV & cover letter
• Speciality questionnaire
• Audio-visual exercise on topics from past years: 2015 – ‘Self-portrait’, 2016 – ‘My Street’, 2017 – ‘My Cousin’, 2018 – ‘On Your Lips’
ROUND 2: Invitation to visit Lyon only for 2 consecutive days between Monday 24 June and Saturday 29 June and between Monday 1 July and Saturday 6 July 2019.
• Day 1: Speciality-focused exercise with an instructor
• Day 2: Workshop (mini-shoot with a crew)
ROUND 3: Invitation to Lyon between Tuesday 9 July and Thursday 11 July 2019.
• 20-minute interview before a grand jury
See exam calendar here for more details.
This information is subject to change. CinéFabrique reserves the right to any part of the entrance exam schedule.
Read all entrance exam rules and criteria here.
No information on test content will be provided by telephone or email.
For administrative and technical questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org