The Classe d’Orientation et de Préparation (C.O.P) is a free refresher course available only for 10 students aged 18 to 21 – living in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region – and selected based on motivation and social criteria. This course aims at mobilizing young people with more atypical records or from more fragile environments. To such effect, the C.O.P class is also open to high-school non-graduated youngsters.
The C.O.P aspires to open the minds, restore confidence, and refresh the more fragile youngsters by exploring a variety of artistic practices in order to make everyone more dynamic. It is not about “making vocations”, but rather offering those who are already strongly interested in the audiovisual fields the opportunity to benefit from a quality introduction to professional equipment, and a refresher class in more general subjects.
The C.O.P year is spent as an introduction to a variety of filmmaking and multimedia practices. It also helps students become more familiar with other artistic practices (such as photography, visual arts, drama…), with other forms of expression, and choose between drama schools, BTS (Brevet de technicien supérieur / Higher technician’s licence), universities, or the CinéFabrique.
- Practice-centred pedagogy
- Practical exercise-related general education
- Artistic and cultural openness
- Elaboration of a professional project
- Personalized coaching
- Being aged 18 to 21 on December 31st of the registration year.
- Meeting the resource requirements to be eligible to the social criteria-based scholarships which are granted by the Ministère de l’Éducation nationale, de l’Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche, or by the Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication (tax notice presented at registration).
- Living in the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes region.
- No particular qualification is required.
Thanks to the support the C.O.P enjoys from the Fédération de France, students can be granted scholarships.